Our coverage gives any licensed agent/broker the ability to access us directly for their own or for their clients' Professional Liability. We offer limits up to $10 million on a primary or excess basis along with customization and flexibility in the design of a Professional Liability Program.
Backed by some of the most experienced people in the industry, our easy-to-read, comprehensive policy is designed for both Property/Casualty and Life/Health Agents and Brokers including Wholesalers, General Agents, Managing General Agents and Program Administrators and is. We deliver quick resolution of claims and disputes as well as premium financing at very competitive rates.
Insurance Agents and Brokers Professional Liability helps protect agents and brokers from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client and damages awarded in such a civil lawsuit. The coverage focuses on alleged failure to perform on the part of, financial loss caused by, and error or omission in the service or product sold by the policyholder. These are potential causes for legal action that would not be covered by a more general liability insurance policy which addresses more direct forms of harm. Professional liability insurance is required by law for most insurance professionals.
Scope of Coverage
- Designed for Insurance Agents and Brokers including Wholesalers, General Agents, Managing General Agents and Program Administrators
- Policy Extended to Insurance Consulting, Premium Financing, Claims Adjusting, Loss Control and Risk Management Services
- Broad definition of “Wrongful Act” - extended to include Personal Injury
- Broad definition of “Insured” - expressly includes the Named Insured and any past, present or future partner, director, officer, member or employee of the Named Insured while acting within the scope of their duties
- Broad definition of “Claim” - expressly includes Disciplinary Proceedings, subject to sub-limits
- Broad definition of “Professional Services” - expressly covers insurance services performed for others for a fee, commission, or intent to generate a service or fee as a managing general underwriter, insurance agent, insurance broker, insurance consultant, managing general agent, general agent, surplus lines broker, wholesale broker, premium financier, program administrator, claims handler, claims adjuster and notary public
- Broad definition of “Loss” - expressly covers punitive damages where insurable by law, expressly covers pre- and post- judgment interest
- No exclusion for the sale of Variable Life Insurance, Variable Annuities or Mutual Funds
- No ERISA Exclusion
- No Pollution Exclusion
- No Breach of Contract Exclusion
- Fraud/Dishonest acts exclusion does not apply to innocent person.
- One, two and three year ERP options available
- Liberal Notice Provision - Written notice must be provided as soon as practicable
860-677-0500, ext. 2504
Lee & Mason Financial Services, Inc.
About Lee & Mason
To offer the best, we must work with the best. That's why our Insurance Agents & Brokers Professional Liability Program is being offered through Lee & Mason Financial Services, a leading provider of Insurance Agents Errors & Omissions. With more than 90 years of combined underwriting experience, they have the expertise to offer coverage customized to the individual needs of each insured.
- Insurance Agents Risk Management Hotline. A free, professional consultation with a full-service national law firm to help resolve issues before they become claims. This valuable service is offered exclusively to our policyholders.
- Premier local defense attorneys with proven medical-professional liability expertise inside and outside of the courtroom
- 24/7 Claims reporting is available at:
Nationwide's dedicated claims team works proactively to complete a thorough investigation of every claim and provide aggressive defense to protect your assets. It goes without saying: our dedicated claims team has the experience and technical expertise in numerous jurisdictions to manage professional liability claims and complex litigation.